Sunday, March 21, 2010

Peace Love & Happiness


Sometimes I'll find something I see as beautiful while others see it...quite differently.

This vintage fabric I found at Goodwill a few months ago? Some people only see grandma's muumuu.

I see the bright colors and bold 1960s graphics, which I have always loved.

In my early teens, I convinced my parents to let me paint my bedroom bright yellow and to buy matching mod flowered bedspreads from JC Penney. I adored that look. My sister, with whom I shared said bedroom, not so much.

Yesterday, while shopping at Target, I came across some lovely things by Liberty of London.

Oh. They get me.

And they got me good.

I had to get me some.

On the way home, my husband and I stopped at a huge antique mall. You could spend the day there and still not see everything. A few booths had 50% off. There were bargains to be hunted, almost yard sale prices on some things.

These lovely paint-by-numbers were five bucks for the pair!

Stay tuned for more booty (of the vintage treasure kind) in the weeks ahead!


2 comments:

GaAm said...

I have to admit the fabric is not my thing (neither are the dishes), but it shows your uniqueness, which is something I've always appreciated. (I suspect my own color choices would bore you.) The first thing I did notice was the way the blue in the fabric matched your profile pic. I will be interested in seeing what you do with it.

Michelle said...

I, too, love those wild fabric--and the pattern on your dishes. I sneak such fabrics into my scrappy quilts whenever I have a chance. However, I have learned to use them in moderation. You really need those blenders to make such beauties stand out.

What a fun find!