Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thinking


There's more going through my head than my sewing machine this week.

It's all good, though.

Like this chocolate cake. And I'm about to eat that lovely piece pictured above as soon as I'm done here. It needs a little more time to thaw though.

I made it last night, ate a piece (or two), then froze the rest. So I wouldn't eat any more.

Yeah, like that works.

Also last night, I tested my homemade template for the Dresden plate block, loosely based on my mom's that I talked about earlier this week. It came out a little too big and didn't want to lie flat. I think I know why. I tweaked my template and will try another one this evening, if I have time.

I also tweaked my blog layout a bit so hopefully youtube videos won't be cut off along the right side. Here, let's test it out.

Damn, this guy can sing. Brandon Boyd. The band rocks too.


6 comments:

SueWis said...

Yeah, freezing doesn't trick me either. Except for the part where I forget something is in the freezer, that works.

Michelle said...

Hmmm. My connection must be slow today. It keeps cutting off the song. But yes, I can tell he has an excellent voice. :-)

Ordered some low carb stuff from netrition.com yesterday. I did a quick search and it looks like they have some gluten-free foods too.

Michelle said...

Forgot to say, I really like the "wider" look on your blog. :-)

Shay said...

Mmmmmmmmmm chocolate cake...and my Mum can eat it too!

I'm totally making this for Mother's Day next weekend. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Now onto your dresden plate blocks.

I have a dresden plate quilt on my list of things to do this year so I'm really interested to see how you're going to do this. So dont forget to post for us dresden plate block challenged individuals.

Carla said...

I'm sorry, did you say something? I was to busy drooling over the picture.

I have all my dresden plates cut out. But will have to wait a bit for sewing. Other projects to finish first.

INCUBUS ROCKS!!!

Kristen said...

Try sketching your template on paper and see if it lines up. It should work with or without the quarter inch seam allowance. Also extend the lines until they cross and measure it with a protractor. Does it divide 360 degrees of a circle evenly?

OMG that looks good! I mean the cake!;)

And email what you did to the blog template, I love it!