Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Midweek Mirth

It's the heart of the holidays, and I know you are enjoying all that goes with it for you and your family, including your favorite Christmas songs.

I caught an episode of Austin City Limits recently featuring comedian/actor/musician Steve Martin (doing his musician thing; I forgot what a fine banjo player he is!).  Anyway, they sang a song that had me cracking up.  I thought I'd share it here today.  It's called, "Atheists Don't Have No Songs."

I am not making any kind of religious statement by posting this, just wanted to share a smile.  You may even find your particular affiliation represented in the lyrics and get a chuckle.  I noticed he didn't mention Presbyterians though.  ;)



And here's an extra of one of his original bluegrass tunes.  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

Very funny indeed. How did I miss the fact that Steve Martin is musical???

I borrowed your idea for my blog - - - but I gave you a shout out and credit!!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Steve Martin had any musical talent. Loved the song!!! Thanks.

blessings,
jilly

Michelle said...

That first number is just hysterical. I love it! And the bluegrass was totally awesome. I'd also forgotten that Steve Martin played the banjo. Whew! That was some talented pickin'

Elizabeth said...

Who knew Steve Martin was so talented? OK, so I did. I love his banjo playing skills -- makes me want to take it up. I loved the funny one about religious and was crossing my fingers that the Mormon Tabernacle Choir would get a mention, but alas, they did not. Still, it was funny. And I have this to say about religious people (or anybody else); if you can't laugh at yourself, you're taking life way toooooo seriously.

xo -El