Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday Sundry - Vol. 30

It has been a tumultuous week here in the heartland, as well as around the world.  My thoughts are with the people of Japan as they deal with the devastation and serious after-effects of the tsunami.

Wisconsin has felt its own sociopolitical shock waves this week.  My husband was among the 100,000 residents at the state capitol yesterday and took these photos.





Meanwhile, I was at home, working and coloring my hair taking care of business.  (I do not mean to diminish the importance of what is happening at the state level; just keeping it real.  The degree to which the events of the past week disturb and sadden me are beyond the scope of this blog.)

Thankfully, sweetness and light were delivered right to my doorstep in the form of a package from Mary at Mom Wald's Place.  I'd won a giveaway, and she threw in some extra-specialness besides.



I love her embroidery on this dish towel, and the beautiful border she added!


Though the snow still lingers in patches, the butterflies were not deterred.  She crocheted this amazing garland!

If you haven't visited Mom Wald's Place, or her Etsy shop of vintage goodness, you really should.  She finds wonderful items, does lovely stitchery and crochet, and takes beautiful photos of it all.  It's like a breath of fresh, spring air!

Knowles Tea Coffee Set
That's it for now.  I'll be back in a day or two with a tutorial for the St. Patrick's Day mug rug.  Enjoy the day!

 
 

6 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I can't imagine what the people in Japan are going through. Very sad.

The embroidery is so sweet! Enjoy your goodies:)

Jane said...

Hi Paulette,
Sorry I haven't been by in awhile.....my blogging has taken a back seat lately as I got things in order around the household.
Love the mug rug in the previous post. You do such gorgeous work!!
Jane

Shay said...

Love the crochet garland. It's cute as! Lucky you for recceiving such a wonderful package!

The news out of Japan is just awful. My thoughts are with all the people who have been affected by those tragic events.

Sarah Craig said...

You so lucked out on your giveaway goodies!! And our thoughts and prayers are also with the people of Japan - it amazes me to see the news reports of the devastation. We'll also keep you folks in Wisconsin in our prayers as you go through turmoil there....

Elizabeth said...

P, that package from Mary is so wonderful! How fun!

And I'm still totally drooling over your Irish mug rug. You knocked it out of the park with that one.

xo -El

Michelle said...

What I nice prize. The embroidery IS beautiful. I love the whimsy of the butterflies.

As for the political havoc in Wisconsin...just don't get me started.