I had this charming, lonely little mushroom scrap, only about a seam allowance bigger than it appears here. Then I found a small scrap of the owl print in the goodie box and paired them together in this little 9.5-inch square mat.
I used the corners of the picture squares as reference points for random straight-line quilting, or what I call Nazca lines.
The back is a neutral leaf print. I machine bound this one.
The cupcake print scrap was the sweet inspiration for this next mug rug. I paired it with some Sherbet Pips scraps left over from the Pips in a Basket quilt.
The back is a scrap from this summer's kaleidoscope quilt-along quilt.
Next, I fished out a delightful scrap of Alexander Henry Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) fabric from the box. Squee!
I just happened to have a bunch of triangles cut from marigold-colored fabric from an attempted second version of a kaleidoscope quilt. They were the perfect size for corner blocks on this scrap. Then I picked up a tiny snippet of hand-dyed red-orange and set that into a black and white outer strip.
This one needs to be quilted and finished yet. It may be my favorite of the whole lot so far!
I had to trim a little bit off the bottom of the above, which then became another slightly bigger than postcard sized piece.
I also strip-pieced a back for it. It needs quilting and finishing yet too.
Finally, there were some trimmed-off sections from a previous project in the goodie box of scraps. I found enough of them and enough matching bits (1974 by Urban Chiks for Moda, according to the selvage) to make this little mini.
There remain some glimpses of selvage in the teal blue parts (tiny perforations), but I think it adds to the charm, if they're even noticeable at all.
Here is the back. It's hard to say which side I like best on this one. I free-motioned quilted a little meander and sewed the binding on by hand.
And that's it from my scrap happy corner of blogland...so far...
To see more lovely finishes, click the button and following the links!