Tuesday, January 31, 2012

NewFO Challenge ~ January Recap

It's the end of January, for another few minutes anyway, and time to link up with Barbara at Cat Patches with how I've fared so far in the 2012 NewFO Challenge.

NewFO2012
I'd say things are off to a good start.  In fact, not only did I start a few things, I finished them too!

One of the ideas/plans that I had listed for the NewFO Challenge was to do something scrappy—Scrap Happiness, I called it—and that is what I focused on this month.  It worked out well, because I had also joined the Sew Scraps Along at Pleasant Home for the month of January.

So here is what I did:

1.  Made a Scrappy String Ring wall hanging.  I'm going to continue making these Dresden plate type blocks in the coming months for a quilt.  In fact, I joined the String Thing Along, and the scrappy string ring quilt is going to be my project for that.

2.  Double Hourglass table mat.  Made with some bright, fruit and veggie print scraps.

3.  Scrappy Courthouse Steps block...

...which became a sewing machine cover...

...and what was left of the original block got "rebuilt" into a mini quilt!

I think that's it.  Looking forward to the start of a new month of NewFOs!

11 comments:

Barbara said...

I love these scrappies. Very clever with the sewing machine cover. Thanks for joining in.

KatieQ said...

Wow! I love your string wall hanging. The colors work so well, it looks like it's moving. You really got an amazing amount done this month and all of it looks great.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

These are all such fun designs...and colors! Well done:)

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

Woo Hoo, start to finish, those are the best projects overall!

MomWaldsPlace said...

You are definitely on a roll. Very inspiring! I am pulling out my sewing machine today. The first time since my injury months ago. I could just cry. Now I have to catch up to you, hah!

Elizabeth said...

Oh, I loved seeing them all in one place! I really love all the colors you are working with! Great re-cap!

I saw another blog with a January re-cap. I kind of like the idea of showing things month-by-month as well as a big post at the end of the year. Hmmm. . .

Congrats on so many scrappy things and getting a few NewFO's stared (and finished!).

xo -E

Michelle said...

I'd say you did extra credit in the NewFO Challenge. Beautiful projects all, but that String Ring is simply fabulous!

Mary said...

Oh, you are so creative! Really cute!

Kay Lynne said...

Love all your projects! Thank you for sharing your talent :)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I do love that sewing machine cover. I've been planning on making me some for some of my machines that don't have covers.

Lynette said...

Very cool! I love your play with the log cabin block. snappy cover! :D