Monday, November 26, 2012

Looking Up

When the day starts by having to call your credit card company due to fraudulent charges, things can only get better from there, right?  Well, so it seems. 

Actually, they had called me Saturday night, but since I was on the treadmill I let it go to voice mail and didn't listen to the message until Sunday morning.  I logged in to my credit card account online, and there it was, six different iTunes charges in two days, which I did not make, totaling just under $100.  So the company canceled my card and opened a new account with a different number.  They were very pleasant about the matter, which made me feel a little less annoyed about the entire situation.

Norm and I assembled my new cutting table last night without incident (unlike the bookshelf a couple weeks ago).  Thanks to Karen for the tip on this table, which adjusts up to 38 inches high.  I've got it set at about 36 inches, and my back is ever so grateful!  It's 59 inches in length fully extended, but the two side sections fold down and the legs move in, for a smaller footprint when you need it.  And I like the shelves on the bottom for storage.  I found this one online at hayneedle.com.

I don't have one of those large cutting mats yet, and a 24 x 18 inch mat wanted to slide around on the smooth table surface.  A strip of dollar store rubberized shelf liner underneath the mat solved that problem.


Here's some of the fabric I was cutting for a new project today.  Vintage Modern by Bonnie & Camille for Moda.  I love it!

I've got a mess in the sewing room again.  We seem to be playing musical chairs with the furniture.  The new cutting table meant I had to move the old sewing machine again, which meant moving this, that, and the other thing as well.  

Hopefully, it'll all come together eventually.

8 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

Oooh, lookin' good!

Don't feel bad about the card. Our account number went to France. What did it do you? It went bowling and to KFC. I kid you not.

Mina said...

ohhh, it sounds like everything is OK. Keeping fingers crossed for you.

Elizabeth said...

Loved the photo with commentary. Your new cutting table is the bee's knees! Love it! That Vintage Modern is really pretty! And finally, sorry about the fraudulent charges. Someone got a hold of Mr. Bug's info once. They opened a CC account and charged $300 to rent a mailbox at one of those places that have a street address attached to them so UPS can deliver to and then they opened an account with Dell and ordered themselves up a fancy new computer. Dell (or was it Microsoft? I forget) contacted us about it and when we said we didn't open the account or buy the computer, that was good enough for them. No questions asked. The credit card company, on the other hand, took their sweet time looking into it and determined that we or someone we know did it and we were responsible for paying back the $300. I don't know how they figured that one, since the mailbox they rented was in a different state than we are, but I can certainly tell you what's not in my wallet (and what never will be). Glad yours wasn't too much of a hassle.

I like how your space is shaping up. And isn't photo cropping the best? You can crop a mess right on out of there and pretend it doesn't exist.

xo -E

thea said...

Love the cutting table. When I get a room, maybe I'll be able to get one. Looks like it is really coming together.

Karen said...

I just discovered hayneedle myself -they have the greatest stuff there! I am in love with your cutting table - is that possible? :) I can't wait to see what you have planned for vintage modern - just about to order more myself, too hard to resist :D

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wow...looks good to me! I have a similar table, but yours looks a little sturdier. I'm glad your back is happy with it:)

Love the fabric!

Shay said...

Love that Bonnie and Camille. I still have some Ruby lurking that I havent used yet.

Glad the hear the cutting table went up without incident. Im assuming Norm wore pants. Maybe thats they key!

Diane said...

The cutting table looks great! I have a taller table and I love it for cutting. My large mat fits perfect on it and when I don't have piles of fabric on it I use it often, but like today its easier to make some room on the sewing table that to move the stacks.