Friday, April 1, 2016

March Circles for Quilty 365

Last month, my color was green for the Quilty 365 circle project.  Oh, how I love green!  It is a welcome sight this time of year, as the snow melts and rain begins transforming a dull brown to a verdant landscape.

Spring seems to have come a bit earlier than usual.  My daffodils are up about six inches and many trees are budding.  I worry that a cold snap will set things back, but overall, no complaints here.

March's green circles, along with January's blue and February's red/pink, make a total of 91 so far.

Haven't thought too much yet about how they're going to go together in a quilt.  I am enjoying seeing how others have done it or how they're thinking about it. 

April's circles will be purple.  I'm already finding it challenging to capture true shades of purple in photographs.  Other than that minor detail, I predict nothing but more fun ahead!

Linking to:  Quilty 365

19 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

I like your color if the month approach ---

Bonnie said...

I love your idea, too!

Bonnie said...

I love your idea, too!

audrey said...

Lovely to see your green circles! One of my favorite all time colors.:)

Kaja said...

I love green too and I like these circles a lot.

Quilting Babcia said...

Your green circles are so soft and restful, an entire quilt made of these would be spectacular. Your purple start for April looks inspiring too!

Marle said...

What a nice idea to use one color/month!

Marie said...

I'm not sewing along with this one but I am enjoying seeing everyone's interpretations. Great idea to focus on a colour a month.

Sophie Zaugg said...

Great idea to choose a new colour every month ! I can't wait to see the purples all together.

Turid said...

You have so many nice greens here. I'm thinking that my circles will give me more than one quilt, so I might mix colours or keep it to one per quilt. I'm sewing the last cirles for March tomorrow.

Angie said...

What a great approach to the circle project! And your greens make my heart sing!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

We have been so busy the last few days preparing for our journey, and the eye thing.....but I wanted to tell you I loved the Mountain majesty quilt. It made me decide to use that as my next project for my scrappy strips!

And I want to do circles too! Of course.....more more more!

Sew Much For Free Time said...

Oh no! Did today's snow and cold and wind hurt your dafodils? It sure didn't feel like spring, today! It was a good day for sewing, though. Your green circles are really fun.

Heidi said...

Green is my favorite color, so I am loving your March blocks!

Sandi said...

Love your greens, will have to check out you previous colours. I'm doing the what's my mood choice.

Will be interesting to see all these finished.

Lara B. said...

I'm green with envy over you beautiful green circles, LOL. I hope the snowstorm we just had this weekend skipped you Paulette. It will be great seeing how all your monthly colors looks once you combine them!

Doris Perlhuhn said...

Green makes me happy after that long winter. They look great your green circles.

Marei said...

You know how Randy says, "that's mine....that's mine" in Christmas Story as he's looking under the Christmas tree? Well that's what I do when I look at your circles and see the fabrics I shared with you!! and then I laugh at myself.

tella-toys said...

Green March ! How I love!