Monday, June 20, 2016

Happy Solstice

Happy longest day of the year, Northern Hemisphere!  Also Happy June Full Strawberry Moon!  Which kind of sounds like a sketchy movie title, if you think about it: "Happy June's Full Strawberry Moon."  I think I'll pass on that film, thank you.

I have an unexpected free evening due to a glitch at work.  Of course, it's not really free because that means tomorrow I'll do double duty, but let's live in the moment.  In a little while, I'll take a nice walk as the sun goes down.  I feel like I should do something more than that, it being the solstice and all.  Like, oh, I don't know, twirl around in a stone circle with a couple of paper lanterns and a precious jewel tucked into my gauzy frock, all while singing the theme from Outlander

Sing me a song of a lass who is gone...say, could that lass be I?

Nope, still here.

It was Day 9 of the 21-Day Decluttering Challenge yesterday and the task was to "declutter your hobby."  And then I laughed and laughed!  But she added, "Or a hobby you no longer enjoy."  Okay, that's doable in a day.  I made a donation pile of vintage knitting, crochet, and cross stitch books because I no longer do those things, and drove said pile directly to Goodwill along with three other boxes of junk from Days 1-8 of the challenge. 

But before taking that drive, I happened to thumb through one of the books and saw this.  Moppets!

What in the ridiculous world?  

I think Moppets deserves a good caption.  "Moppets: For chills or spills!"

Eh, that's all I've got at the moment, but maybe you can think of one.  Leave it in the comments!

6 comments:

Linda Smith said...

Ooooh OOOh
I want a decluttering challenge. Unfortunately this one seems to be on Facebook. I'll have to figure out how to do it without the FB. Good work clearing out the old pattern books. I have a whole bin full of beading stuff to get rid of. Maybe today is the day!

Paulette said...

Linda, you can see all the daily challenge videos on her YouTube channel, if you don't do FB. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPFs6imr4aokkda_6WH4dDg

Good luck!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Serendipitous......unexpected time off.

Your strawberry moon is wonderful! I had never heard of that before they talked about it on the news that night. My father would always make note of the equinoxes and solstices, but never told me about the Strawberry Moon!

I bookmarked the de-clutter stuff........I NEED it.

And those moppets.....I NEED them. I think the Roomba would love them.

Chicken said...

Well happy Soltice to you, as well. Hope you enjoyed your walk. I found you through Quilting in my Pyjamas, an old blogging friend of us both,and here I am. Your post struck me as I posted today about my runaway hobby mind. Maybe I'll just throw those drying lavender bunches away since they don't smell very lavender-y and I grow weary of having things that look, in the dark, like cats hanging from the blades of my ceiling fan. I'm always on board for gauzy dresses, stone circles, dancing and such, however, so keep me in mind.

Kaja said...

You prompted me to venture into my garage and I actually (can't quite believe it) got rid of fabric. A big box of stuff I will never use has gone, plus other things I came upon along the way. It felt good. :-)

Kevin the Quilter said...

I wish you would have made the moppets........I truly think you could have started a revolution!