Sunday, May 30, 2021

Hands2Help Quilts 2021

These are the two quilts I finished for the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge 2021 hosted by Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict.

First up is a red and white quilt featuring the beautiful embroidery of Evelyn in California.  She sent me the sweet, animal-themed embroidered blocks and fabric to finish up this darling little quilt.  I talked about it at more length in a previous post HERE.  Click the link to see more pictures and closeups.


This quilt was sent off this week to Quilty Hugs for Happy Chemo.


The second is a baby quilt I finished and sent to Little Lambs Foundation.  This came together from some 2-1/2 inch squares left over from a previous project, which I sewed into nine-patches and then added  sashing and borders around it to bring it up to baby quilt size.



I'm working on finishing up more quilts for donation in the coming months, but that's the wrap for my Hands2Help quilts for this year's challenge!

Linking to:  Confessions of a Fabric Addict: Hands2Help - Time to Show off Your Quilts!

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Two sweet quilts to benefit participating H2H charities. Nice work!!

tink's mom said...

Love the embroidery. The 9 patch is a wonderful huggie piece.

hodge podge said...

hi paulette! jo never answered me about swapping violets, but i would love to swap with you if you'd like? i have two, one is white with ruffly edges and purple centers, and the other has a deep red-violet blossom. if you're interested, you can email me at cal at calpatch dot com. thanks! i can send pics of the white/purple one, but the other one hasn't bloomed for me yet (i remember the color though because i snipped a leaf from a friend's plant). i'd been wanting to do some leaf swapping, but asked around and no one i knew had any!

Sarah Craig said...

They are wonderful, P.! I particularly love the red-work quilt - it's a beauty! Thanks for being part of H2H 2021!

Nikki said...

Great looking quilts!

Michele said...

Both turned out wonderful. Nicely done.