Saturday, September 3, 2016

August Circles for Quilty 365

Another month, another crop of circles for Quilty 365!  This month's color was yellow, and as I had suspected, I have less of this color in the stash and scraps than others. 

Fifteen was as far as I got.

I ventured into the golds and tans and have enough to complete the set of 31 circles for August, but they're not done yet, so I have some catching up to do.

It kind of messes with my color theme game plan for September, which was supposed to be, as you might guess, gold and tan.  Maybe I'll just mush August-September together and be good with that.

A few other things happened in the sewing room this past month.

I finished the baby quilt for my friend's newest granddaughter.

Also started a scrappy Hunter's Star quilt with batiks.  Mama like!

Back to the circles, my tally is 228 so far.  How are you doing?

Linking to:  Quilty Folk

8 comments:

Marei said...

As always, I'm enjoying your circles. Such fun to see them all come together. BTW...if you want some yellows let me know and I shoot off a small package to you on Tuesday. Already told you how much I love that batik Hunter's star. That's a pattern I've always wanted to do but haven't gotten around to it. I'll just admire yours for now.

Quilting Babcia said...

Yellow is my favorite accent color in a quilt, yet if I tried to make a month of yellow circles it wouldn't happen either! You have some very interesting fabrics featured this month.

Barb Neiwert said...

You have been busy with a lot of great projects! I really like your Hunter's Star, and the circles are great.

Robby said...

Your Hunter's Star is off to a beautiful start. I was just poking around pondering the pattern for the 100th time yesterday. Yours iss quite inspiring, maybe now is the time.

Kaja said...

I wouldn't have enough yellow either. I like the golds/tans, even if they mess with your plans for this month. The batiks are gorgeous!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

What a pretty baby quilt and it's fun to see everyone's circles; such a variety.

I had to laugh at the little behind! :)

Heidi said...

The yellow circles are amazing, I would love an entire quilt of those!

I am a little behind too, but catching up!

audrey said...

Your yellows are so cheery! I've been stacking some yellows into some fabric piles lately.:)