Finished another kennel quilt for the pets at the animal surgery clinic.
This one came about as I was cleaning up the cutting table of scraps. I had taken the pants pockets off the scrubs to be repurposed for these kennel quilts. Since they were roughly already rectangular or squarish, I assembled them nine-patch style.
As you can see, I didn't pay much attention to measuring or matching seams. Just sewed them together and then squared up the center block. Maybe rectangled it up would be more appropriate.
The wide green border is from the legs of a pair of scrub pants. "It's not easy being green," Kermit would say (and your eyeballs may agree), but hopefully the pooches will find their recovery a little easier on this quilt.
I did an overall meander in a gray Aurifil that was already threaded on the Juki. Plaid backing fabric via Goodwill.
This one measures about 33 x 33 inches.