Monday, August 29, 2022

Positivity Quilt Top and Summer Highlights

I missed the link-up for the Positivity QAL finishes, but rather than listing my excuses, none of which are good, let's focus on the positive.  I have a top done!


This is pretty much the sum total of the summer sewing around here, so woo-hoo! :)


I thought I might have a fully finished quilt to show you, but no dice.  I did piece a backing and Franken-sewed a batting together for it this past weekend, but then realized this baby is kind of big to baste in the usual spot on my kitchen floor.  I think it's doable, but I'm going to have to make a plan, move some things, mop, etc., so it's going to have to wait a little bit longer.


Tomorrow I'm checking into a nice hotel in preparation for a colonoscopy the following day.  Flushing a couple hundred bucks down the toilet for the privilege, but at least I won't have to drive an hour to the hospital in morning traffic the day of the procedure, which seemed a bit too risky, if you know what I mean.  The procedure is a routine thing (mostly), since it's been over 10 years since the last one.  Suffice it to say, I'll be glad when it's, uh, behind me.


The summer has really flown by, but I've enjoyed it.  Reading, walking, putzing, biking, spending time with friends, crafting, etc.  


A friend and I got together a couple weeks ago to make cork fabric wreaths.  We missed the class at Sallie Tomato last fall due to unforeseen circumstances, so we held our own on one "craft-ernoon" and put them together.  They turned out very cute!


On a little day trip this summer, hubby and I stopped at an antique shop where I admired this vintage quilt.  


The price was reasonable, but I didn't take it home, just took pictures.  Love all the sweet fabrics and hand quilting.


Another recent highlight was spending a day with my great-niece and my sister (her grandmother).  We took a long walk, toward the end of which I offered a little horsey-back ride.  


Eight years old is a magical age of enthusiasm, spark, humor, and curiosity—and it's contagious in the best way!

~Paulette

6 comments:

The Joyful Quilter said...

Your Positivity quilt came together beautifully, Paulette! Best of luck on your upcoming procedure. Booking the hotel was smart thinking!

audrey said...

Hey, Summer sewing is not something to take lightly! Lots and lots of distractions during this season! Your Positivity quilt top is wonderful! Looks like a tricky block. Love the pink antique quilt. That pink is especially sweet and the hand quilting makes it look so cuddly!

Michelle said...

Looks like you’ve had a wonderful summer! Your positivity quilt is gorgeous. I love the rainbow of colors. I’ve enjoyed seeing your nature shots on FB (and here). And yes, the enthusiasm of children. Beautiful!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like the attitude - focus on the positive!!
that Positivity top is beautiful!!!

Preeti said...

Focusing on the positive and putting nasty things behind you is an excellent mantra for life. It is a big quilt with lots of blocks. So kudos to you on getting the flimsy finished. Whenever you complete the quilt and send it, it will be appreciated. The need is never-ending. Big Hugs.

Ramona said...

I used to use the floor to make my quilt sandwich but then I learned to use clamps and attach it to the edges of my table, and then keep moving and pinning until the top was together. You can get those big clamps at hardware stores and it saves your back and your knees. I love your top and your positivity.