Sunday, September 11, 2022

A Triple Finish

While I love the whole process of making quilts, there's just something wonderful about getting them D-O-N-E, done!  

Maybe it's the space it opens for other ideas to enter, or maybe it's the sense of accomplishment, that I shepherded something through to completion, that I followed through with an intention.

You've seen these quilts in various stages in prior posts.  The first two were sent to the longarm quilter a few months ago and returned several weeks ago, and have waited patiently to be trimmed and bound.  I finally finished them last week.


This is a scrappy, stringy Hole In The Barn Door (or Churn Dash) quilt.  I was inspired by the blocks Chantal was making last fall.

I'm glad I went for the scrappy inset border rather than settling for just the gray.


The backing was a vintage cotton sheet found at the thrift store.  It adds such a nice softness to the feel of the quilt.  You can see Sandy's pretty quilting from the back side.

The second finish was this scrappy Trip Around the World quilt that was fun to put together with an eclectic mix of strips.


I love the riotous look of this one.  The backing is one I found at an estate sale of a quilter, yards and yards of a perfume bottle print.


This will be my new fall TV-watching quilt.  Bring on the popcorn and Netflix!

Last, but not least, is my Positivity 2022 quilt.  I raided the box of batik scraps for this one, and I really like how it turned out.  


The back is a pretty floral cotton shower curtain I found at the thrift store, brand new in the package.  I want to say it was $2.99 or something like that, which is fantastic for four yards of fabric. 


I quilted it in an overall meander and made the binding from leftover batik strips.  This will be on its way to Mercyful Quilts this week.


Whew, that feels good!  Three quilts done...now what's next?  For starters, I might make some fall crafty stuff with a kit a friend gifted me earlier in the year.  How about you?

~Paulette

5 comments:

Gretchen Weaver said...

Beautiful quilt, a very lovely charity quilt! That was a great bargain on the backing fabric, happy stitching!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Fabulous THREE finishes!! Wow, you did good on all the backing fabrics, too!!!

Michelle said...

Three beautiful finishes! I can’t choose a favorite. I love them all. You found some great deals on backing fabrics too. The perfume bottle piece is so fun. Well done, my friend!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Three amazing Finishes!! but!!
I have to say... I am IN LOVE with your scrappy Churn dash!!!! It is just beautiful!!!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Fabulous scrappy quilt finishes, Paulette!!