Monday, May 8, 2023

Hands2Help Check-In

I finished this little baby quilt over the weekend.  It's from a few crumb block pinwheels I made sometime last year.


They were just right for a quick little baby quilt when sashed and bordered.  It measures 38 inches square.


The backing is pieced, as is the binding.  There were a lot of smaller strips pieced together for that binding, which I was happy to use up.  Incredibly, none of the seams fell exactly in the corners, so that was a plus. :)


This will be sent to Little Lambs as part of the Hands2Help Comfort Quilt Challenge.


And in case you missed the previous post, this Trip Around the World quilt top was sent to MCC last week.

I'll leave you with a glimpse of my African Violet, which is going blooming crazy...


...and some fresh new additions to the flock!


Linking to Confessions of a Fabric Addict for the Week 8 H2H Check-In.

~Paulette

4 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

Your violet is amazing! Mine never bloomed well so I now admire them at the grocery store and in photos from others. Cute fuzzy goslings, too.

Kaja said...

My grandmother had a passion for African violets, but I don't think she ever had one that flowered like yours. I like the red and turquoise; always such a pleasing colour combination. And how lucky your joins missed the corners - if I piece a binding from scraps there is always one of those moments where I realise I've got it wrong.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Oh isn't that a cute one! I love the contrast in colors!! So bright and happy, yet calm and cool.... congrats on a great finish!

Danice G said...

Both quilts are so pretty. Great colors and contrast.