Thursday, January 10, 2013

Finish-A-Long Q1 List

I don't know if there's a statute of limitations on "what I plan to do in 2013" posts, but it feels like I'm late to the party.  Not that I haven't been thinking of it, or that it took me 10 days to put this post together; I've just been finishing up some other things first.  Anyway...

There is carryover into the new year in the form of several UFOs, which I aim to finish in 2013.  To keep on track, I'm going to hitch up with the 2013 Finish-A-Long with Leanne at She Can Quilt.

she can quilt

Here are my projects to finish in the first quarter of 2013, one per month:



(music video on the layout process here)

All are quilt tops in need of quilting.  I procrastinated on them in 2012, thinking that after working through the 2012 Free Motion Quilt Challenge, I'd have all sorts of new skills and confidence.  I did a couple months' worth of tutes right on track in the beginning of the year, and then life got in the way and I got behind and really just dropped the ball.

Fortunately, most of the tutorials are still available, so that's something else I plan to do in 2013, revisit the FMQ Challenge.

But that won't hold up the show to finish my UFOs, even if I have to meander stipple every last one of them, or (better idea?) send them off on a fabulous vacation to the longarmer!

I think it's a very manageable, short list for this quarter, and still gives me plenty of leeway to see what other trouble I can get into, too!

10 comments:

Sarah Craig said...

I can't wait to see those three finished - they're all fabulous quilts!!

Elizabeth said...

Love that Hubcap Diamond Star Halo. It is so fun to see it again. I have projects and projects to finish in 2013. I always say I'm going to do a ton of finishing, but then I get distracted by something new. I should quit reading blogs and then I'd be more interested in what I have at home.

Anyway, All of those quilts are really fun. You do, as I have said many times, amazing things with fabric.

xo -E

Pokey said...

Very good plans, Miss P! I will be cheering you on (and trying to do the same) to each finish!
:-}pokey

Jen BK said...

Anyone else getting that T-Rex reference? I love your Hubcap Diamond Star Halo and oddly enough I have a project box labeled the same thing, but mine is just stars made with diamonds...yours is AWESOME. "Get it On, bang a gong, get it on......."

Diane said...

Those are all awesome! So the question is did you decide to re-name #3 and if so what is its new name?

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

How could I have forgotten about the Hubcap Diamond Star Halo?!? It will be fun to see all three finished.

MomWaldsPlace said...

Sounds like a great and doable goal. They are all just so pretty!

Sara said...

Number 3 is very bright and beautiful!!

Good luck on the challenge:)

Shay said...

I really like them all ...but the first one is my favourite.

I think you should totally send them off for a vacation. By the time they got back they'd practically be finished !

Carli The Quilter said...

Very respectable finish! Love your choice of print mixing in your work. You follow me, so I'm thinking that following you is also, is a good idea too!
Cheers,
Carli