Thursday, March 7, 2013

Really Random Thursday 3-7-13

Some really random things from in and around the house:

A generous friend gifted me with some fabulous fabrics last weekend.  "So you can get your orange on," she said.  That made me smile!


* * * * *
Funny she should mention orange.  I am probably going to sell these items in a garage sale or on ebay in the spring, but in the meantime, I have to store them somewhere (in the basement).  These are some vintage Georges Briard plates/cups/saucers.


Sitting on top of a vintage valance of 'shrooms!

* * * * * 

St. Patty's Day is coming soon.  Would you like to make a mug rug?  Fetch my tutorial HERE!


* * * * *
I'm stalled on Tea Towel Tess at the moment.  I did fix my boo-boo in the top row of DP blocks (had them backwards - thanks, Sue!).  When I get some time this weekend, I'll proceed.  Still formulating ideas for the second borders.  There will be purple.  Just where and how, I'm not sure.

* * * * *
 This morning, I watched a hawk noshing on a less fortunate member of the winged kingdom.  He took his time, more than a half hour.  Meanwhile, I went in and out of the kitchen and took photos from time to time, which I made into a video set to music below.  Sorry about the delay between frames.  I'm still learning this video thing, and the program automatically decided how long between frames based on the song length ("Bait and Switch" by The Shins). 

 

Linking to Really Random Thursday at It's a Colorful Life!

12 comments:

Shawn Stephenson Schumacher said...

How much is the plate set? I love orange!!!

Marti said...

Wow, great photos of the hawk.

Diane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diane said...

retry : Awesome orange fabric, great friend to give it to you!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love the orange awesome-ness. Wow those dishes are super cool!! And I'm also impressed with your video skills. I have never tried putting pictures to music.

Shay said...

Judging by that scrumptious fabric bundle I’d say your friend knows you very well

The PEACE sign is wayyyyy cool and very hippie. Bet that sells in a flash.

Im feeling more for the poor bird that ended up as lunch.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

I'm so impressed with your video. As you know, I can barely take a photo! That hawk is magnificent. And all your orange is lovely :)

Jeni B Quilts said...

I love the orange too and I love your blog. I've spent the last hour reading and giggling and was pleased to see we have some of the same fabrics!

Kevin the Quilter said...

LOVE the chevron fabric! What a nice gift! I hope that hawk didn't get one of my chickens! LOL

Elizabeth said...

I was actually thinking of that cute little mug rug the other day. I plan to make a quilt for each month & March's will be something green & shamrocky. So glad you showed it again!

I am still loving tea towel Tess and can't wait to see where she goes next.

xo -E

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Nice hawk photos! Tess is coming along nicely:)

Karen said...

you are a techie guru :) so hard to tear your eyes away right? like watching a train wreck. Can't wait to see the tea towel