Wednesday, October 30, 2013

You Can't Make This Stuff Up

From the local police beat in yesterday's newspaper:

"I'm here to rob your store."

"Sorry, Orange Goatee Dude.  I call bullshit."

"Okay, um, just give me a sub then...which I'll pay for with my Visa card."


When I'm not chuckling at the newspaper, I've been making blocks.  Got a nice pile of them ready to lay out on the floor later today.


Like my scribbled design?  I can't draw a proper square, but I can sew one, so who cares.  When I decided to make it a little longer, I scotch taped a second scrap onto the bottom to draw the rest.  'Cause that's how I roll.

I have a PT evaluation today for the shoulder.  I'm only a little scared.  

(Thrifted skull and treats; glass pumpkin Pier 1)
Happy Halloween! 

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE that glass pumpkin from Pier 1. So pretty!

And the guy who went into the Subway. Well, he's obviously not the sharpest pencil in the box because otherwise he probably would have pursued a different career. Well, anyway, enough picking on criminals who do dumb things.

LOVE your Halloween decorations!

xo -E

Lisa England said...

Thanks for the chuckle. My local paper is also a source of laughs. Most of the writers can barely construct a sentence, so some of the amusement is over mangled english (and spelling!). Other times we have stupid criminal stories. If you google "duct tape bandit" you can read a story from the town where I live. I believe it actually got some national coverage because it was so ridiculous.

Shay said...

That dude should be nominated for worlds dumbest criminal. Im laughing my head off at the moment ...

Your drawings dont have to be square- My creative process often looks exactly like that – tape and all!

Happy Halloween to you!

Kevin the Quilter said...

What's the world coming to? Great Halloween decor! Can't wait to see how you roll with that quilt design, and best wishes on your PT check!

Sarah Craig said...

How did your PT eval go?

Pokey said...

I do hope the subway worker wrote the Orange Goatee Dude' name down.....

Your blocks look like you are having fun. I love your quilt plan, it's an original! I doodle on graph paper all. the. time. The last 2 quilts I showed have a doodled layout in the latest graph paper notebook...along with church notes, reminders, you know, stuff.
:-}pokey

ThreeOldKeys said...

give me all your money! or a turkey on whole wheat.

I wish all crime reports were like that one.

laurie

thea said...

How did the pt evaluation go?