I used a walking foot to quilt it, following the arc of the curves and using a chaco liner to mark the curves where I didn't have the ditch to follow.
I wanted the top thread color to match the azure fabric but was limited by what was locally available on short notice. The big box store had a turquoise Coats and Clark 40-wt. trilobal polyester embroidery thread, so I thought I'd give it a shot, with Aurifil in the bobbin. I am happy with the result. The CC didn't shred or lint and had a nice sheen.
The fabrics in the top are Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen in azure, charcoal, and snow. I love the bit of dimension you can see up close, yet it still reads as a solid from a couple feet away.
While I was at the store, I spied what looked to be an interesting fabric for the backing, so I grabbed a couple yards of that as well.
Some of you may recall that this JCP skirt was my inspiration. I found it while online shopping and pinned it on Pinterest, commenting that it'd make a cool quilt.
Not long afterwards, I heard about the Hemispheres Quilt-Along and saw the quilt pattern. It was serendipity!
So there you have it for this week's finish. Linking to: