Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Paper-Pieced Project Done!

Jumping jellybeans! I actually have a finish this week!  It feels like it's been such a looooong time since I've gotten something completely done, not just to the flimsy status, but quilted and bound.

Okay, so it's only 24 x 24 inches, but my delight is as big as a house!

This Easter table topper/wall hanging was Becky's design for the Paper Pieced Quilt-Along she is leading at Sarcastic Quilter.  I was a little apprehensive about paper piecing, but her videos 'splained it all so well that it finally clicked.  Thank you, Becky!

I can't take credit for the color combination, as I had her pattern in hand when I bought fabric.  I liked the springy-ness of her color scheme and followed it as closely as I could.

Now the back, that is me going off the rails.  I made the crumb block (not paper pieced) from scraps left over from the front, framed it in green, and then added an outer border from stash.  The paisley print is from the April in Paris line by Timeless Treasures.  It coordinated perfectly.

Who cares if it looks like an Easter basket exploded, it's reversible!

Be sure to hop over to Sarah's and the others in her Friday linky, Can I Get a Whoop-Whoop?  Happy Easter!

12 comments:

SueWis said...

I love this! And I think it looks like sailboats. Very nice finish!

Miss Hillbilly said...

Yay for finishes! And it's a pretty one too!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Wow! Very springy and nicely done:)

Elizabeth said...

Yay you! Super fun! Love the colors, love the reversible-ness of it, love the crisp points. Love it! You do good work.

xo -El

Shevvy said...

It looks wonderful, front and back. I really enjoy paper piecing, but the use of the scraps on the back inspires me as well.

Kristen said...

Springy! Have a happy easter!

Sarah Craig said...

Both sides are so beautiful! And I agree that they look like sailboats! Whoop whoop!!!

Brita said...

What a happy Easter wallhanging! Love those yummy Springtime colors. The back is great, too -- you couldn't have found a better border! Whoop Whoop!

Miri said...

I love it! Both sides are terrific. The quilting fits it perfectly!

Baker_ia said...

What pretty spring colors

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love 2 sided quilts. Great job.

MomWaldsPlace said...

How can you bear ever putting one of those against the wall? They're both so wonderful.