Friday, April 1, 2011

Sudoku Quilt Top Done

I had some time today to put the sashing and borders on the Sudoku quilt, and as of about a half hour ago, the quilt top is done!

This isn't the greatest time of day to take pictures, but they'll have to do, flash and all.

I ended up using a goldish-tan for the sashing.  (Mustard?  Yes, please.  And now I want a hot dog.)  It looks better in real life/natural light.

I wanted to use a stash fabric for the outer border, but I didn't have enough of the one I liked, so a-fabric-shopping I did go.  I intended to buy more of what I had on hand, but naturally there was none of it left in the store.  So I paced up and down and stared at the bolts for a half hour until I finally picked this black with tan-gold leaves.  

It works.  I like it.  Now to see if the Juki's going to fire on all cylinders to quilt this.  The bobbin winder was acting up the last time I went to quilt something.  


I'm linking to Sarah's Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?  To see more whoop-worthy progress, just click the link!

10 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You totally get a whoop whoop! That is so beautiful! I love how that turned out. Oh, I've got to get going on my projects. If only work didn't take up so much of my time!

xo -El

thea said...

I give you a whoop whoop too! the quilt is amazing.

Sarah Craig said...

Oh, P., it turned out beautiful! I love the colors you chose!! Whoop whoop!!!

Larri said...

Absolutelly you get a Whoop whoop! This quilt top definitely cuts the mustard! Fabulous job. I'm totally loving the outside border too. Fingers crossed for your Juki. Happy Saturday! :o)

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I like the colors you picked. The pictures came out great. The border fabric is good, too. Have fun quilting.

MomWaldsPlace said...

THIS is Suduko I could get into! Lovely job.

Shay said...

Im whooping too P. I think the sashing and border is perfect. It's a really fun quilt! (And finished so fast- good luck on the quilting )

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I think the match is a good one! It sets the blocks off very nicely.
You must wander around the fabric store like I do:)

Kristen said...

Beautiful! Nice Asian prints! This looks great P. Have you heard of 12 by 12 Sodoku? It's great for randomizing too!

SueWis said...

Love it! My mom loves doing Sudoku puzzles. I see another project in my future.