Monday, September 9, 2013

Quilted and Donated

I quilted and finished the improv baby quilt on Saturday.

This morning, after a brief photo shoot, I dropped it off at Nancy's Notions as a donation for Project Linus.

This was an experiment in working with freehand cut curved strips, and I enjoyed it.  I got to use up some scraps and stash in the process for a unique, bright baby quilt, which ended up being 37 inches square.

I did ditch quilting around the curved elements and an elongated loop in the narrow border, then overall loopy quilting in the wide outer border.

I'm linking to 100 Quilts for Kids at Swim Bike Quilt.  Would you like to make a quilt or two for this drive?  You have until September 30, so there's still time.

http://swimbikequilt.com/2013/07/100-quilts-for-kids-charity-quilt-drive-starts-today.html

Also linking to A Stitch in Time September 2013 Finishes at Such a Sew and Sew.
September Finishes

12 comments:

Jenny said...

how wonderful P!!

Shay said...

Someone is going to love and treasure this quilt. Great job P!

Michelle said...

That is just a happy bit of whimsy. I love the yellow and turquoise together. So cheerful. Some new momma and babe are going to feel loved.

Kim said...

It certainly seems as if your 'experiment' was a total success resulting in a cheery and happiness-filled baby quilt!! Your gorgeous quilt will give some lucky mum and baby a warm hug!!

Kevin the Quilter said...

Way to go P! What a great contemporary and modern donation quilt!

Karen said...

Nice :). I didn't realize you lived so close to Nancy. I have that on my quilt shop list for visiting :). I picture it has a little heaven of quiltiness. Your quilt is so great!

Anonymous said...

A beautiful baby quilt. Love the curved piecing.

Sarah Craig said...

That turned out wonderfully, P.! I just love the way you did the borders. And a great cause!!

Julierose said...

This is such a pretty quilt, P. Wonderful donation for Project Linus--you got curvey strip practice and More scraps..talk about win, win..hugs, Julierose

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

love the freehand curves!! a beautiful quilt, and thanks for linking up to 100 Quilts. Happy sewing.

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Nice! I love the center section!

Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the quilting! It is beautiful! The elongated loops are awesome and so is the loopy filler in the outer border. Your fabrics are so bright and cheerful. What a lovely donation quilt! Someone will surely be very blessed to receive it! Congrats on a great finish and thanks for linking up!

xo -E