So I decided to try discharging some of the dye with a bleach and water bath. I found this website to be very helpful in learning more about it. I used 2 quarts of water mixed with 1/2 cup of chlorine bleach. From what I had read, it wasn't going to take long, so I stirred it around and watched it for probably a total of 7 minutes.
|In the neutralizer bath.|
Here are the before/after results. The original with the discharged version on top. It's subtle, but there is a perceptible difference. The lightest one is actually more of a blush pink color, not tan as it appears in the photos.
These are Robert Kaufman Quilter's Linen (a print, not true linen).
They're still not exactly the shade I'd like, but close enough for rock 'n roll. I am using the discharged watermelon pink and the discharged blush pink.
* * * * * * * *Today is my daughter's 26th birthday ~ Happy birthday Shella-Bubba! (I am notorious for inventing nicknames. She got stuck with that one, among others, but I think she's okay with it...or maybe she was okay with it until I announced it to the whole internet.)
We celebrated on Sunday with her favorite dessert, mint chocolate bars. I bounced completely off the no-sugar wagon while they lasted, but they were good.
|Michelle and Nick|