Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sunday Sundry - Vol. 31

It was a beautiful spring day yesterday.  I am loving these  longer hours of daylight.  I can feel the energy returning, my mojo workin', even while the rest of me enjoyed the day off.

Found this pretty blue glass dish at one of the thrift stores Norm and I visited yesterday.  At a different store, there was the vintage gingham to match, as well as the thread.

My Pyrex radar went off as I neared a cart of to-be-shelved items at Goodwill.  There were all sorts of random clear glass lids in a pile.  As I shifted a couple of them, this divided dish peeked out.  Then over at the very bottom of the domestics table was a five-pack of fat quarters for $1.49.  Can you believe it?  It pays to dig!

Love the prints, but especially the koi.


A Lover and a Fighter
My good friends and I gathered for breakfast yesterday and part two of our Pride and Prejudice marathon.  Ooh, it's getting good now.  The plot thickens.  Meanwhile, Darcy got hot (and still is) and went for a swim.  We were hopeful he would remove more than his overcoat, but alas, he kept his shirt on.


However, there was plenty of shirtlessness in The Fighter, which Norm and I watched on DVD last night.  In fact, I suspect the world might be a better place if Mark Wahlberg were simply required to be shirtless at all times.

Kidding aside, it was a great movie, and based on a true story.  You can meet the real people behind the story in the DVD special features.

Further in Fabric and Philanthropy
I have gathered my fabrics for the Paper Piece Quilt Along with Sarcastic Quilter.  (Gathered, as in I did a little fabric shopping yesterday too.)  I am hoping to make the Easter table topper or wall hanging.  You can see all the fun designs she's got worked out for the paper piece-along  in the Flickr group.  Join the fun, if you're sew inclined.

I also picked out a few cute veggie and fruit prints to send Mary at Mom Wald's Place for the quilt she is making to be auctioned for Japan relief.  It will have embroidered fruits and veggies, as well as four-patch blocks in fruit/veggie prints.  

The auction proceeds will be donated to the Red Cross for Japan.  You can check out the details HERE and HERE.  It's going to be so cute!

Friends, that's about all the time we have for today, but I'll be back in a day or two with more, including pics of the of heaviest thing I thrifted this weekend.  Hint:  It's the third such item I've bought in a year.  What is the saying?  Three of anything equals a collection?  Oh, no! 

11 comments:

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Nice finds! Maybe I never dig deep enough:)
You really like to keep us guessing, don't you?

Angie said...

Mark Wahlberg and no shirt, yep it should be a law!!! I have a list of other men that should be find for properly clothing themselves. Let's write to congress...

Anonymous said...

Excellent finds! I dig, but never find anything so good. Maybe I don't go regularly enough.

Pokey said...

I'd like to go thrifting with you, P! Love the deals you found! I need to go again....

Shay said...

There's nothing like the thrill of finding something unexpected at the bottom of the pile when you're op shopping. Lovely bargains P.

I bet it didnt take you half a day to decide what fabrics to buy for the quiltalong. Im still not convinced I chose right but looking at yours I think YOU did ! Pretty!

SueWis said...

Yay for the waiting to be shelved cart! I found a really cool globe on the cart once.

Love the prints in your fat quarter bundle. But I must share with you that I thought it looked like the Incredible Hulk on that fabric before you unbundled it. I was relieved to see that it was not.

Sarah Craig said...

Speaking of a shirtless Mark Wahlberg, have you seen Date Night?

Anonymous said...

I love that blue dish you picked up and the fat quarter, especially the koy fabric, my fave!

Keetha Broyles said...

Love that blue dish - - -it's a rather unusual shade of blue for a glass dish, isn't it?

Elizabeth said...

I love that blue glass dish! It is gorgeous! And that fat quarter pack is really great, especially at that price.

I love your pretty fabrics for the PP quilt-along! I refuse to go to the flickr group, though, because if I do, I know I'll have to join and I am really on a roll with getting a few things done around her. I don't need any new projects. I'll just keep repeating that!

Also, does Mary need any more fruit/vegggie prints? I could send her a couple of pieces I've got hanging around (if I can find them). I should probably just follow the links that you so conveniently provided. Is that one on the bottom lettuce?

xo -El

Michelle said...

Blue glass is my absolute favorite! Lovely, lovely fabrics all. What fun!