Friday, March 18, 2011

Just One

Just one block.  That's all I managed to sew this week, but that's all the Just One Star quilt project needs—one block from many quilters!

I heard about this worthy cause earlier this week from Jenny, and my reaction was, One block?  I can do that! 

It's explained in this post on Moda Lissa, but essentially, Moda Fabrics is participating in a Quilts of Valor challenge program to piece, bind, and quilt 100 comfort quilts for military service members and veterans.  This particular challenge is called Just One Star.

To reach their goal of 100 quilts, they need a total of 1800 star blocks, the directions for which can be found here


The quilts will look something like this when completed:

If you'd like to make a block for this effort, there's plenty of time.  Just follow the instructions linked in the previous paragraph and mail it by May 1, 2011 to the address given in the instructions.

Just one block for Just One Star.  It doesn't seem like much, but it's enough!

7 comments:

MomWaldsPlace said...

This is fabulous! I am going to share it with my quilting class.

Shay said...

Whoop! Whoop!

What a great reason to make just one block. I love yours and I love how people band together to make HUGE things happen in this blogging community of ours.

Sarah Craig said...

Great block! And here's a whoop whoop for you!!!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

I really like these challenges for just one or two blocks. That I can do! Yours looks great!

Elizabeth said...

Whoop Whoop! That is a great block for a great cause.

My problem is, that I won't be able to stop at just one.

xo -El

Sarah Craig said...

I love your block, P.! I'm doing the blocks for Beth, and if time permits, I'll try to do one for this too! Here's a whoop whoop!!!

Michelle said...

What a great cause and a beautiful block. The blue you used is particularly yummy. :-)