Monday, September 12, 2011

Girl Talk

There are a lot of good things to be said for eating better, but today I'm going to talk about the downside.  Ha, downside.  There's a pun and you don't even know why yet.

Anyway, if one drops a couple of pounds, let's say, one may have to buy new clothes that fit better.  I recently had to shop for the first new article of clothing—or underclothing, as it were.

That's right, friends, the girls have deflated.  Nobody ever said life was fair.

I must wear a more common size now, judging from the lack of choices in said size at the store.  Picked over, is what they were, leaving me to buy the first white bra since, oh, sixth grade?  No, not really, but it's been a while.  Also, the first non-underwire bra since Bush No. 1 was president.  Like I said, the pickin's were slim.

What cracks me up is this tag.  Age-Defying Lift!  With helpful directional arrows!  Just in case you're dyslexic when it comes to north and south or can't tell what's up and what's aiming for the floor.

But I have to say, it's not false advertising.  I feel very uplifted.  And my boobs don't look a day over 40.

I love this woman's voice.  However, I wish to buy her a bra.  Preferably while they're on sale. 

11 comments:

Shay said...

Bra shopping is the absolute pits. I usually end up in tears because I'm not a regular size and have to buy bras that have the power of steel reinforced concrete.

Wire free is one of my dreams....sigh.

Charlotte said...

Just be glad they haven't reached your stomach yet! :-) Everything goes south as we get older :-(

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

You crack me up! :-D

Sara said...

Ah well I am glad someone is brave enough to talk about it! You are a hoot!!

Kate said...

Love Grace Potter.

Why is that whatever size you are, everyone one else is the same size based on what's left in the store?

Carla said...

After nursing my second, my girls went flat. I basically have to "fold" them into my bra cups. Thank goodness for lightly padded bras. If Grace doesn't start supporting the girls, she will see them go south sooner than later.

Karen said...

You crack me up!

Kay Lynne said...

I know the feeling :)

BendingPins.com said...

Geeze, how much weight have you lost? I'm jealous! I've gained 7ish lbs since I've started drinking coffee again... hmmm...

Diane said...

They say that 5lbs impacts your bra size... I don't see how that is true, but... 'they' must be right.

SueWis said...

I need to go bra shopping because they have discontinued my model so I have to start all over. That must be the mark of an old lady. But I swear, my bras are stylish, really!