A little Monopoly humor, folks. Does anyone still play Monopoly? Remember the little metal game piece that looked like a shoe? That was my favorite. You don't remember? Well, never mind then. I am over 50 now and prone to reminisce about things that might not make sense. Feel free to tell me about your iPhone apps and I'll glaze right over too.
My husband and I laugh about one day telling our future grandkids (should we be so blessed) that when we were young, we had to actually GET UP and WALK TO THE TV to change the channel. And in my case, that may have involved a needle-nose pliers to turn the dial. Because that was before the invention of Super Glue to fix broken plastic things. What was a dial, you ask? Oh, never mind. Hey look over there, it's a brand new app!
Anyway, I ran out of blogging mojo last night but wanted to mention that Betty from My Mink Betty gave me this fun award!
Thanks, Betty! I am honored. I am also all about the versatility.
The award did come with some rules, which are
- Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award. (Check!)
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award to 15 blogs you enjoy and let them know they've been given the award.
Okay, here goes.
Seven (more) things about me:
1. I taught myself to type one summer when I was in junior high, using my mom's old typing textbook and her Olivetti manual typewriter. Yep, I was just honing my inner dweeb.
2. I love Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives...and Guy Fieri.
3. I wouldn't be able to eat a lot of the food on DDD because I'm gluten and dairy intolerant. A girl can dream, though.
4. Favorite meal - What I had for my birthday dinner: Petite filet mignon, done medium, with a baked sweet potato and cinnamon sugar, and steamed broccoli, summer squash, carrots, and snap peas.
5. Favorite drink - Iced tea with a slice of lemon and a packet of Truvia.
6. I was not keen on learning to drive in high school. Now when my husband and I go somewhere, I drive 90 percent of the time.
7. I used to sell vintage fishing lures and tackle boxes on eBay. I know a Vamp Spook from a Hula Popper.
Fifteen Award-Deserving Versatile Bloggers:
1. Michelle @ The Desert Quilter
2. Mrs. Pyjamas @ Quilting in My Pyjamas
3. Joy @ Taradiddle & Malarkey
4. Elizabeth @ Such a Sew & Sew
5. Jane @ Mamie Jane's
6. Vicki @ Dotty Jane Designs
7. Beck @ Sarcastic Quilter
8. Jenny @ Cut.Sew.Iron.Rep.
9. Leslie @ Theory of Thrifting
10. Sue @ Bits & Pieces, This & That
11. Sarah @ Confessions of a Fabric Addict
12. Kristen @ So Happy
13. Carla @ Sew It Up
14. Miri @ Milk & Honey Quilts
15. Mom Wald @ Mom Wald's Place
Now, please don't feel obligated to be a rule-follower on my account if this seems like too much work. After all, it's that time of year where we should be kicking back and enjoying life to its fullest. But I do appreciate the shout-out, Betty, and cheers to all of you!