Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Quilt Story

Hey, guess what?  My double pinwheel string quilt is being featured today on Quilt Story.  I'm pretty excited about it!  You can check it out here.

I have enjoyed reading about so many amazing quilters on Quilt Story over the past few months.  It is an honor to be among them.

I went for the scrappy look on this quilt, but I think it would look great in any number of other ways—all modern fabrics, a softer palette, etc.  There's a tutorial if you're inclined to make one:

Part 1 - Making the Template
Part 2 - Making the Blue and Red Units
Part 3 - Making the String-Pieced Squares
Part 4 - Putting in All Together

Thanks so much, Heather and Megan!  Keep the wonderful quilt stories coming!

12 comments:

Penny said...

Congrats! It sure is a gorgeous quilt!

Sarah Craig said...

Congratulations, P.! I don't think I noticed the quilting design you used on that quilt before - did you do it yourself, or send it out to be done?

Live a Colorful Life said...

I love this quilt and I really like your blog. New follower :)

And I am so (sew) going to make this quilt!

Shay said...

You're famous! Congratulations, you deserve it because that quilt really IS a beauty.

Michelle said...

Woo-hoo! Since this quilt is on my bucket list, I'm not surprised the sisters wanted to feature it on Quilt Story.

Lisa said...

the quilt is awesome. Can't wait to try it. I just looked at the tutorials and had to laugh cuz I watched pride and predjudice today. lol. I am so glad I came across your site. I was recommended by Sewn with Grace. She posted your lovely quilt. I am so glad she did. Lisa

Kristie said...

Nice job! I have bookmarked the tutorial...though it may be a couple years before it is "up to bat"- you know how it goes with the unending list! Thanks for sharing.

p.s. found you via Quilt Story

Elizabeth said...

Wow! That is awesome! Congratulations :D! Your quilt is a natural choice for a feature article. That is a very beautiful quilt! I'm off to check out the post at Quilt Story.

xo -E

Quiltstory said...

You're so welcome! Such a fun feature :)

SueWis said...

Congratulations! I am so in love with this quilt. The colors. . . just everything!

Miri said...

Oh Congratulations! This is wonderful!

Bellgirl said...

What a wonderful quilt! I've come over from quiltstory to take a closer look and to visit your tutorial.