Monday, May 17, 2010

Digging It


I dig dirt.

And the lovely things it grows.

This weekend, I stood in the middle of one greenhouse building solely devoted to geraniums. So many breathtaking colors to choose from. I only needed one.

Planting flowers is kind of like quilting (or painting, etc.). You combine colors, patterns, and textures to create something visually appealing.


I can't remember the name of this perennial that I planted a couple years ago, but seeing it in bloom makes me so happy:

Sparkly!

I did get my Dresden plate pillows finished this evening. More on that tomorrow.

Do you garden? What makes you feel sparkly?


3 comments:

Quilting in My Pyjamas said...

I kill plants P.

I put some things in pots a few years ago and miraculously they have survived. I'm happy with that and wont tempt fate by calling myself a gardener.

You however appear to have very green thumbs.

JKP said...

I walk near flowers and they scream in agony. Last year Ed bought me a pot with tulips. He brought it home and they were in full bloom--beautiful pink colors. I know they don't belong in pots and that may have contributed to their untimely demise, but I don't think they would have died so quickly (the very next day) if he hadn't handed them to me. I told him not to. I begged him to spare their lives. He insisted. What could I do? I took them, the poor things, and they trembled and cried out. I set them on the table near the window, gave them a little water, and tried to stay away from them, but it was too late. The damage was done. May they rest in peace.

Michelle said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...