Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Nobody Here But Us Chickens

Welcome, Vintage Thingie Thursday friends! Glad you "clucked" on over to scratch around a bit.

Okay, that's it for my chicken-related puns today.

First, we have the chicken--or was it the egg?

Oops! Now I bet you're crying "fowl" because I said that was it for the silly play on words. I mean it this time.

I was never big on the barnyard decorating theme, but this well-crafted pair by Royal Copley was too cute and colorful to pass by.

Royal Copley china was made by the Spaulding China Company of Sebring, Ohio from 1939 to 1960. These were probably made in the '40s or '50s.

Found this cute little egg plate at a flea market last summer.
While I don't completely endorse the sentiment, it does make me chuckle. Having been married over 25 years, I can safely say that some days you feel like a peck, and other days you just feel peckish.

I did it again, didn't I? All right, I'll quit now!

Enjoy the music (just click the link), and have a very Happy Easter!


Asleep at the Wheel - Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens
 
And just because I love Asleep at the Wheel, here's another song, plus a bit of trivia: The steel guitar player, Eddie Rivers (real name Mark), is from right here in my little city, Wisconsin. My husband went to high school with him.

Asleep at the Wheel - House of Blue Lights



21 comments:

Laura said...

You are just too punny!

I think the egg plate is just too cute. I'm approaching 6 years of marriage, and I hope the kissing lasts! I'd rather have kisses than deviled eggs, any day! (But, I like deviled eggs too...)

LV said...

My sister is the chicken lover in my family. In fact, I think she has these. I love the little egg platter. That is too cute.

Postcardy said...

Your chickens are sweet and I like your wordplay too.

deb said...

Love your chickens and your post!! Truly enjoyed :)
*hugs*deb

Anonymous said...

The chickens are cute, but the egg plate is just adorable!

CC said...

I love your sense of humor..and I love the chickens,but it's that little egg plate is just so adorable. I wish,I wish I had one like it...
Happy VTT..have a wonderful weekend.

Shirley said...

Loved the post! I love chickens too. In fact I would love to get some real ones. Thinking of building a coop. I was in looking at the little chicks today at our local Tractor Supply!!!

Ulla said...

Funny post and cute chickens.

Vonlipi said...

The egg plate is hilarious! And cute. I love the chickens too. Happy VTT!

Jocelyn said...

I love your chicken things! They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Happy VTT!

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

Ann said...

Those chickens are adorable. I wouldn't pass them up either. Love the egg plate.

Coloradolady said...

Adorable chickens...I love the Royal Copley hen and rooster, the colors are amazing...and I love that egg plate, now that is cute and I would have bought that too! Have a great VTT!

Michelle said...

I love that egg plate. Adorable! Tried to post another chicken-related song--Three Legged Chicken by Dale Lynch--but the comment section doesn't allow it.

SuKnitWitty said...

Eggcellent post with the RCopley Roosters and the PeckinEgg Plate!

You know the one about the chicken crossing the road? She was Poultry in Motion!

That's all I got to Crow about! Have a great VTT!

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Cute post of the vintage chickens! they always look good in a kitchenor breakfast room. Have a good day...Julian

Dandelion Acre said...

My mom had a large chicken collection, not sure if she loved them or just kept collecting them because it drove my dad crazy? Whatever it is, it must work for them because they have been married almost 50 years! LOL I loved the pink and green platter. Have a Happy Easter!

Tara Beaulieu said...

How cute! I love your little egg dish! Happy VTT!

Stacey said...

Love the egg plate- It would make me smile every time I used it!

Cherie said...

I'd be clucky too about these finds - Happy Easter to you - I'll be playing along at VTT starting next week - see you then ;)

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You are funny! I enjoyed seeing your chickens. Especially the Copely ones. It was nice meeting you. Have a nice Easter weekend! Twyla

Tammy said...

Hi,
The Chicken pair are cute. I like the egg plate. Thanks for the music. Happy Easter.